Monday, June 6, 2011

He is Greater

Heyyyyy so it's been a while since I've written. Sorry. Again. Haha. I said I was going to write more often because I discovered people actually read this (why didn't you tell me earlier?! ;) so anyway I apologize for not keeping up with this! Anyway, this post is about a God who is greater than everything. Let me repeat that: Greater than EVERYTHING. Have you ever really sat down and let that sink in?

Age
God is greater than your age. Have you ever felt called to do something, but felt as if you were too young to accomplish the task? Well, so have a lot of people in the past, such as Jeremiah. He tells the Lord, "Alas, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, because I am a youth" (Jer. 1:6). How many times have I told Him that and how many times as He responded, "Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ because everywhere I send you, you shall go, and all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you” (Jer. 1:7-8). If He calls you to do something, you better do it! And I don't mean on your own time, for only God knows how long our days on earth are anyway. Do what you can while you're here and God will use you to glorify Himself, faults and all. In another instance, maybe it's not your own lack of confidence, but others' lack of confidence for you. 1 Timothy 4:12 says not to let that get to you: "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity" (1 Tim. 4:12). We need to be living, breathing examples of the living, breathing word of God. Make sense? If you are a youth -- or have been a youth -- you'll realize just how difficult it is to be an example of Christ in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity. In today's society, you see a lack of all these things. That's why we have to show we are different (in a good way!) in the way we present ourselves (to Christians and non-Christians alike).

Storm
Have you ever told God, "I really don't think I can handle this" or tell Him that He's really given you more than you can handle? Instead of telling God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big God is! He is greater than whatever you're facing currently. Everyone has a storm in their lives. Big and small; minuscule or furious. Today I read Psalm 93:3-5, which for whatever reason made me think it'd be a great basis for a song! Haha. Yeah, I'm cool. Anyway, it says, "The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, than the mighty waves of the sea. Your testimonies are very sure; holiness adorns Your house, O LORD, forever" (Psalm 93:3-5). God is greater than the noise, the height, and the power of whatever you're facing. If God is for you, what could ever be against you?

Yourself
I think I'm doing this for myself more than anyone else. I take the blame easily -- maybe too easily? -- and sometimes I take it harder than I should. I just have to realize that He is GREATER. In Genesis 1:6, God says He made the "greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night." Have you ever thought about how God is the greater light of us and we are the lesser light? No matter how bad we are, God shines brighter than us or our problems.

God, thank you for being greater than my own heart and knowing everything (1 John 3:20). Help me to become more like you and gain the abundance of peace you have for me, which lasts until the moon is no more (Psalm 72:7). You have done sooo much for me. "I sing with joy because of what you have done" and let it be so for the rest of my life, even if I'm not as consistent as I should be in thanking You (Psalm 92:4). Let me "become complete" with You (2 Cor. 13:11). Much love to you Padre <3 I'm working on it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment