Monday, March 14, 2011

Jesus and Japan

In case you've been living in a hole the past few days, Japan has been facing tsunamis and earthquakes. Times are crazy. I've even heard that there is a lack of food and are now only feeding the children and elderly. The stock market has been crashing. To top it off, some people say that this is Revelations unveiling itself (though I suppose that's nothing new).

Chaos. That is the best word to describe about what's happening. But a few days ago, I was reading Psalm 46. I found it very fitting for what's happening right now.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging [...] God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.
He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'"(Psalm 46:1-3;5-10).

God can provide the healing and strength needed to overcome this tragedy. We just have to trust Him. He can use this for His glory, even if we don't find it glorious in any way or fashion. I can't do much, but I pray He can use this to further His kingdom.

P.S. On a positive note, I overheard a couple in Starbucks tonight talking about Jesus, so I asked if they were Christians. They said yes :) The guy was wondering if I was a Christian too when I pulled out a book, so he creeped on me and saw it was indeed a Bible, just like he thought ;) Idk why, but these encounters always make me so happy. I love overhearing my future buddies in heaven talking about Jesus in coffee shops; it's just awesome! Someday, I get to spend an eternity with others that love Jesus as much as me. Not to mention, I get to chill with Jesus forever! How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment