Friday, April 8, 2011

7 Day God Challenge – Day 2

"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ" (Galatians 1:10).

Today, I was surrounded by Christians literally all day long. First, I went to coffee with a friend in the morning, in the afternoon I spent time with my brothers and cleaning, then concluded my day with family. All of whom happen to believe in Jesus, which is awesome :) anyways, when you hang out with Christians, there is this feeling ... I'm not even sure how to describe it. Basically, God has a way of shining through true followers of Him. For example, my grandpa is one of the most giving people I know. Tonight, I got to spend some time with him (along with all my other wonderful fam bam). He loves Jesus so very, very much. His ability to give never fails to astound me. He wants to give his love, his time, his money, even his chair to me! Sometimes, he doesn't even have the means to provide, but decides to anyways, because that's just the kind of guy my grandpa is. I tell him he spoils me, but he just responds that he wishes he could spoil me more! Honestly, he knows how to shower love to everyone, from family to strangers. He's not trying to please men, though that is true too. He tries to serve his King, and by doing so, serves everyone around him. To me, only a living, breathing truth has the ability to change people's hearts for life -- and that truth is my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment