Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dear Beloved [Suffering]

Dear Beloved,
I opened your letter the moment it arrived. I have so much to say, yet until I return, you will have to review my other letters, along with this one.

In your latest letter, you wrote that you have forgotten what happiness is; that your soul lacks peace (Lam. 3:17). You also mentioned lack of endurance, and even wrote that your hope in Me has perished (Lam. 3:18). It grieves Me to see you suffer like this (Lam. 3:33). Child, do not fear (Lam. 3:57).

If you only take one thing away from My letter, remember that I will always be with you, through the highs and lows; I will never leave nor forsake you ... EVER (Josh. 1:5). I will always love you, so please don't fear nor be dismayed in this short time (Deut. 31:8).

I want to remind you of a few things. You're mine (Isaiah 43:1). You are precious in my eyes (Isaiah 43:4). My steadfast love and mercies will never cease for you (Lam. 3:22). They are new every morning (Lam. 3:23)! I'm always good to those who seek and wait for Me (Lam. 3:25). I love that you simply thank Me for My letters and wait quietly (Lam. 3:26). Oh, how I love you, that despite the troubles at such a young age that you bear so well (Lam. 3:27)! I will not cast you off forever (Lam. 3:31). I know I am causing you grief now, but I will have compassion according to the abundance of My steadfast love (Lam. 3:32).

One thing you must always keep in mind is why you suffer. I know it feels unbearable for you right now. But until I come back, you must help me do what you can, where you are. The enemy will be upon you, and you will suffer for My sake (Phil. 1:29). In fact, you experienced it the moment you joined my cause. But when these trials come your way, consider it pure joy, for it is simply a test for your faith in Me and my cause, producing steadfastness (James 1:3). Don't fight the trial, but fight for Me, and allow the trial to have its full effect, so you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing in Me (James 1:4). How beautiful are My little ones like you, who bring good news, publish peace, publish salvation, bring good news of happiness, while proclaiming, "My God reigns!" (Isaiah 52:7).

Please, don't doubt Me, for though the grass withers and the flowers fade, I stand unwavering above them all (Isaiah 40:8). I am not like a shadow due to change -- that is you (James 1:17; 4:14). Are my letters not proof of how I am living? Does My creation fail to impress you? Does My love, which reaches to the heavens, not show? Does my faithfulness, which reaches to the skies, not show itself as well? [Psalm 57:10]Your doubt tosses you around like a wave of the sea (James 1:6). You don't have to be tossed around. I can be your stronghold, life, and salvation (Psalm 27:1). What are you but clay in My hands? [Jer. 18:6] I will be a Rock for you, who leads and guides you for My sake (Psalm 31:3). I will never change (Hebrews 13:8).

I know you are afflicted in every way (2 Cor. 4:8). But why do you cry? Does a King not exist within your very soul? Has your counselor perished? [Micah 4:9] Of course not. How can I give you up, hand you over, or treat you badly? My heart recoils within me; My compassion grows warm and tender for you (Hosea 11:8). I lead you with with cords of kindness, bands of love, and ease your hardships (Hosea 11:4). And you know what? You aren't crushed. You're alive, surviving, and soon to be thriving. You're perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed (2 Cor. 4:8-9). Yes, death is at work in you in every way, but with Me, you have life (2 Cor. 4:10). And who knows? Maybe I will reward you here on earth through this tribulation (Joel 2:14).

Even without a reward, did you know glory comes through tribulations? Tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. My hope will never disappoint you, because I poured my love into your heart by giving you the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:3-5). However, you still ask, "God, where are you?" You must realize I will do what pleases Me, not you (Psalm 115:2-3). Keep in mind that I am not excluding you. I know you intimately ... I know when you sit, when you rise, your thoughts -- all your ways (Psalm 139:1-3). Do I not know what's best for both of us? Just know that I am King and I am sovereign (Psalm 74:12).

I am coming for you soon, I promise (Rev. 1:7). At the end of the day, after all your trials, you will receive the crown of life, because you love Me (James 1:12). I'll never forget you [Isaiah 49:15] and I love you (John 3:16).

Whatever you do, loved one, don't lose heart (2 Cor. 4:16). For a joyful heart is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22). You will survive, even if you feel like you're wasting away. I renew you day by day (2 Cor. 4:16). I know life seems tough now, but this light, momentary affliction prepares you for eternal glory beyond all comparison -- life with ME (2 Cor. 4:17). Is that not worth more than all the earth? Just remember to look at the things unseen; for the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are eternal (2 Cor. 4:18).

Love,
Your Father, Beloved, Sustainer, Rock, Creator, Lover, etc. :)

[P.S. Check out this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-hOMunpWo I thought it fit well with this post.]

No comments:

Post a Comment