Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What Path are You on?

What path are you on? The right or the wrong path? I ask myself these questions a lot -- maybe even too often, because sometimes I don't always feel like I have an answer. Sometimes He answers them when He feels like, which is fine, but sometimes frustrating. Again, just shows how impatient I am :/ haha. Today, my "message" -- actually, His message -- is simple, short, and to the point. In Galatians 5:16-24, Paul describes what walking in the Spirit means. Basically, how to follow Him, and not anything else.

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But f you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

Everyone, including myself, are guilty of what pleases us. My "deeds of the flesh" aren't pretty, and I'm not proud of them either. But then you have "the fruit of the Spirit" which includes everything I strive to have. So, what path are you on? The path of your desires or the One who can set you free of them? We're called to freedom -- not as an opportunity for ourselves -- but that we may serve one another in love (Galatians 5:13).

P.S. Jesus answered a prayer today. Although, not in the way I expected! But He's good, all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment