Sunday, January 30, 2011

Patience and Endurance

I hate waiting. I just dislike it on all levels. In other words, I'm really impatient. Don't get me wrong, I can be patient; but for some things, I'm definitely not patient. Today, I was complaining to Him how I hate waiting, but I really want to try and have the best attitude while I wait. Then I read Isaiah 49:8, which says, "In an acceptable time I have heard You, And in the day of salvation I have helped You."

Who am I to say I want an answer in my time? "I am not skilled to understand what God has willed; what God has planned; I only know at His right hand stands One who is my Savior." (Wise words from Aaron Shust :)

He knows better than I could ever know when to answer my questions and requests (even if that's in heaven). Now is the acceptable time; now is the day of salvation to hear me (2 Corinthians 6:2). The question is: When will He answer? And what can I do in the meantime as I wait for His answer?

Trust Jesus in a pitch dark room as He holds my hand, guiding me. All I can do is follow Him, by obeying his commands: "We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless night, hunger; by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; through honor and dishonor, through slander and praise. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything." 2 Cor.6:3-10

I pray that I nobody finds fault in Christ by seeing me, so that I may experience "having nothing, yet possessing everything" in my darkest hour. Even though I haven't -- and won't -- sufficiently be able to obey Him all the time, every time, I do know that what I care for most, I'll do the most for. For example, what would I walk 500 miles for? [Yeah, this part I stole from church today ;)] I would walk 500 miles for Jesus. I'm pretty sure of that too. I just pray that I can say that in the most difficult times of my life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment