Friday, January 28, 2011

Pure Bliss

"Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise." James 12:13

Indeed, thanks for asking, I am quite happy today! I had a good day; one of those days where you are just happy all day long and think Jesus is too amazing to be real! I got to talk to my best friend tonight, and she is such a blessing in my life. I don't know what I'd do without her. I thank God everytime I remember her (Philippians 1:3) -- well, almost always. But hey, nobody is perfect! :) I sung my praise to my Jesus in the car, because that's some of my quality time with Jesus, interestingly enough ;) As Psalm 100:2 says, "Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." He's our Lord, Savior, Counselor, Best Friend, etc. He is just so AWESOME. I feel like I'm degrading him when I use a word so inefficent to describe him sometimes, but it's true! He is ....... awesome.

Although, I know some of you reading this probably aren't happy like I am today. Maybe you had a really crappy day; week; month; year; I don't know. When times are hard, they can really impact your life. Circumstances can wipe you out. But God calls us to "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). I know that's hard. I don't know what you're going through. I try not to expect or understand how you're feeling either. (If you want to talk about it, I am always open.) But if you're a Jesus follower like me, you're my family -- I want to walk and pray with you. For my close friends, I already do so, and "thank God for all of you and continually mention you" in my prayers (1 Thessalonians 1:2).

As I reflected on just how blessed I am (which I'm sure I always underestimate), I read Ecclesiastes 7:14, which says, "When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future." That verse hit me. Times are good, so I'm really happy right now! But this verse gives us a reality check. When times are good, they're going to get bad again. But for all of you suffering in tribulation, take heart: when times are bad, they're going to get better. God never loses control of the situation, but things change. What's the one thing that never changes though? Jesus. Therefore, let us be "joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" to the one and only steady thing in our lives (Romans 12:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment